Air compressor is a typical pneumatic transmission equipment. The pneumatic transmission of air compressor is a fluid transmission with compressed gas as working medium and power or information transmitted by the pressure of gas. The power transmission system is to transfer the compressed gas through pipelines and control valves to the pneumatic actuator, which converts the pressure energy of the compressed gas into mechanical energy to work. The information transmission system is also called pneumatic control system, which uses pneumatic logic elements or jet elements to complete logical operations.
The characteristics of pneumatic transmission are: low operating pressure, generally 0.3-0.8 MPa, low gas viscosity, small resistance loss of pipeline, easy to gather gas supply and medium distance transportation, safe operation, no explosion and electric shock danger, overload protection ability; but low pneumatic transmission speed, demand for gas source.
Advantages of pneumatic transmission:
(1) The air source is convenient, and it is discharged directly after use without pollution.
(2) The air viscosity is small, and the friction force of the gas in transmission is small, so it can gather gas supply and long-distance transmission.
(3) The pneumatic system has good adaptability to the working environment. Especially in flammable, explosive, dusty, strong magnetic, radiation, vibration and other harsh working environment, the safety and reliability is better than hydraulic, electronic and electrical systems.
(4) The pneumatic action is fast, the reaction is fast and the adjustment is convenient. The pneumatic signal can be used to complete the automatic control.
(5) Pneumatic components are simple in structure, low in cost and long in life, easy to standardize, serialize and universalize.
Disadvantages of pneumatic transmission:
(1) The motion stability is poor. Because the air can be compressed greatly, its operating speed is greatly affected by the change of external load.
(2) The operating pressure is low (0.3-1 MPa), and the output force or torque is small.
(3) The treatment of air purification is messy. It is necessary to purify the impurities and steam in the gas source.
(4) Because of the low air viscosity and poor smoothness, it is necessary to set up a separate smoothing equipment.
(5) There is greater exhaust noise.
Do you have any different opinions on the above information? Welcome to call us or click on our official website Jinan Air Compressor to participate in the discussion!